20 Minute Cilantro Lime Prawns with Black Beans and Corn Quinoa
February 15, 2016
I was craving mexican food today and it inspired me to put together this quick and easy healthy dish. It requires very little time to throw together, so it's great if you're in a rush, or don't feel like spending much time in the kitchen.
Cilantro Lime Prawns:
・1 lb of king prawns
・1/4 cup chopped cilantro (coriander, in the uk)
・2 limes, squeezed
・1/4 tsp ground cumin
・a pinch of salt and pepper
・coconut oil (you can substitue with olive oil, if you don't have coconut oil, on hand)
1) Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add a dollop of coconut oil (or olive oil)
2) Season the prawns with the cumin, salt, and pepper. Saute for 2 minute, or until the prawns or opaque.
3) sprinkle the cilantro (coriander) and lime juice over the prawns, make sure to coat evenly.
Black Beans and Corn Quinoa:
・1 tbsp of olive oil
・1 small onion, chopped
・1 garlic clove, minced
・1 tsp ground cumin
・1/2 tsp salt
・1/4 tsp of pepper
・1 cup qunoa, rinsed and drained
・2 cups of water
・1 can of black beans, drained
・1 small can of corn
・1 handful of cilantro (coriander), chopped
1) heat the olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat
2) add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes
3) add the garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper and saute for another 2-3 minutes, until the onions are translucent
4) Add the quinoa and water, bring to a boil
5) Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed.
6) Stir in the black beans, corn, and cilantro (coriander)